Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween

So I am trying to figure out how to skip Halloween.
I have referred to myself as the Halloween Grinch, but I don't think that is exactly correct. I just don't want to celebrate it in the traditional way. I don't want to open up my door and hand out candy all night. I want to play games, watch a movie, and spend time with my family. Unfortunately, my family wants to go trick or treating, and spend it with their friends.

I also cannot wait for the decorations to go away! We have a couple houses down the block that really do it up! My kids are forbidden to trick or treat at those houses. It is borderline psychotic. Why do people have to get all gruesome with their decorations? I thought monsters and ghouls were bad. Now we are adding gory and deranged?

November 1st is my birthday! Halloween sucks all the helium out of my balloons and spits out sugar hangover, grumpy kids who wake up and remember, "Oh yeah, it's Mom's birthday." Then they go rummage around what's left over in their sacks, and give me candy for my birthday. Gee! I wonder why I don't like Halloween?!

No comments: